Thursday, February 17, 2011

Stick-to-itiveness

                                             WIP "Thousand Son" and "Noise Marine"
       

Under my own and outside pressure I've been focusing on using/fine tuning the same army instead of leaping to another army at the drop of a hat. The army I'm on right now is Chaos Space Marines. Here is my list:

HQ: Daemon Prince w/Mark Of Tzeentch, Bolt of Change, Warptime, Wings 200pts

Chaos Sorcerer w/Mark Of Slaanesh, Lashwhip of Submission 125pts

Greater Daemon 100pts

Elites: 5 Chosen w/5 Plasma Guns 165pts

5 Chosen w/5 Plasma Guns 165pts

Troops: 8 Thousand Sons w/Bolt of Change 209pts

8 Thousand Sons w/Doom Bolt 194pts

8 Noise Marines 7 Sonic Blasters, 1 Blastmaster, w/Champion w/PF 275pts

8 Noise Marines 7 Sonic Blasters, 1 Blastmaster, w/Champion w/PW 265pts

Heavy Support: 2 Obliterators 150pts

2 Obliterators 150pts

1998pts

At first glance it is very obviously a Foot Chaos list. This list has gone through various changes. It initially had Plague Marines instead of Noise Marines. There used to be champions in the Chosen squads for the Greater Daemon to pop out of but the timing never seemed to work. In practice this army has been working much better than initially planned. It's survivability is always much greater than I've assumed for a non-mech army. Every game has been a learning experience and this lets me respond to situations that come up in game. For example my Thousand Sons squads can act as a very effective cushion against low count, high power attacks (Thunderhammers, MCs). They don't last as long against high count, high initiative attacks (Bloodletters, Hormagaunts, Orks). The Noise Marines at a stand still put out a massive amount of firepower to include a plasma cannon equivalent. I've been surprised time and again at the destruction a single squad of the Noise Marines lays out.
A couple of things I've been looking at are trying out either Chaos Spawn (I just like the look/feel of them) or Lesser Daemons. The only problem is that I don't know what to let go to add them to army. Here's to continued success in refining this army.

No comments:

Post a Comment