Sunday, March 6, 2011

Grey Knights



Well to put it lightly I got to take a look at the unfinished Grey Knights codex. There's a good lot of interesting units. I'm sure most of you have seen all of the rumors about 2 wound terminators called Paladins. I was drawn towards the Henchmen choice which allows you to take 3-12 of a wide variety choices both ranged and close combat. The Jokaero (from 1st edition) shows up as a sort of weird unit upgrading, obliterator-esque unit. They have 3 different choices of weapons and I can see them filling a heavy support role in some GK armies.

Late while reading in though I had a lightning bolt of an idea: Using the GK codex to represent Thousand Sons. My reasoning is the amount of psykers in the army and the availability of artifacts/magical items.
Here's my test list:

Inquisitor Karamazov (Greater Daemon of Tzeentch)
Inquisitor Coteaz (Changeling-like character)
5 Grey Knight Terminators w/Psilencer (Thousand Son Terminators)
3 Jokaero w/9 Warrior Acolytes (Human Sorcerer Acolytes and Tzeentch Magefire Forges)
3 Jokaero w/9 Warrior Acolytes  (Human Sorcerer Acolytes and Tzeentch Magefire Forges)
10 Psykers (Human Sorcerer Acolytes)
10 Psykers (Human Sorcerer Acolytes)
Grey Knight Strike Squad 10 w/Psybolt Ammunition and Psycannon (Thousand Sons)
Grey Knight Strike Squad 10 w/Psybolt Ammunition, 2 Psilencers and Personal Teleporters (Thousand Sons) 
Dreadknight w/Gatling Psilencer, Personal Teleporter (Greater Daemon of Tzeentch)
Dreadknight w/Heavy Psycannon, Personal Teleporter (Greater Daemon of Tzeentch)


So this is my test list. Yes it's a little human-centric and obviously not mech but I'm sure that'll change as I playtest it.


1 comment:

  1. OK, so have you found out what a psilencer is? The weapons weren't in the version I found.

    ReplyDelete